Monday, May 31, 2010

Variegated Wegela by Linda Young

I had trouble getting the contrast and colors correct on this painting scan.  It is another one of the flowers hit by the hail storm two weeks ago in the "memorials to flowers #7".  This is a Variegated Wegela and the leaves are a greeny yellow, have stripes of yellow and tints of pink on the edges of some of them.  The flower varies from white to a rosy pink. The hummingbirds just love this shrub.

 4-5/8 x 6-3/8"
Variegated Wegela, Watercolor
Linda Young Watercolors

Follow my blog here

4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

My mom always grew these, and my daughter has several in her gardens - this captures the essence of these lovely flowers perfectly!

Bertie Brown said...

I love this color pallet...these little girls are having a fun tete-a-tete!

Debra Kreiger said...

Love the colors and the softness at the top of the painting.

Jack said...

Nice color.