Monday, October 25, 2010

"Reflections of Autumn" by Debra Tritt Kreiger

"Reflections of Autumn" 10"x7.5" on 140lb Arches paper

This is a piece I did plein air painting at Fuller Lake last week. I finished the painting in my studio. It turned out to be almost abstract! So much activity going on in nature in the fall season. All the wonderful textures and colors. My senses seemed to go into overload! I thought this would be a different view as the last brightly colored leaves are hanging on and the branches are ever so close to the water. It was a beautiful day!

To contact me about the purchase of this painting or see more of my work go to http://www.debkreiger.com/or follow my blog at debkreiger.blogspot.com or you can shop in my new store, Deb's Gifts

4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You caught the shimmering beauty of the day in this watercolor, Deb. This is wonderful!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Its hard to believe that the color was really that intense, but it was. It was a beautiful day and this is an exquisite record of it.

Julie Riker said...

I can't believe how DIFFERENT this looks since I saw it at Fuller Lake. Wow! All those leaves that you masked are now gorgeous and the reflections are great! So much I don't know about the watercolor process...

Pat Koscienski said...

Debra, beautiful painting.