Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"Coastal Vision", pastel, Tatiana Myers.

"Coastal Vision", pastel on sanded paper, 9 x 12"

One more pastel in my Monterey series. U-art 400, what is my new paper of choice.
This is just one of many places along 17-miles drive (what to be honest - most of  those 17 miles
I didn't like at all, because all You can see just fences and some golf holes.
neither was attractive. to me anyway. But coastal rocks of course were very different story.
Some interesting looking formations there full of color and worth seeing.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great composition and depth. The rocks just pop and the water sparkles!

Dianne Lorden said...

These are nice rocks, and the water is really well done!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, ladies! What You can see here is a big advantage given by sanded paper. I LOVE that stuff for landscapes. Normal "flat" papers are great for blending of pastels, but not that good for creating of effect of luminosity. Sanded paper will allow to painter work in layers, use broken color etc... Even underpainting, if needed. I do not blend anything. I layer my colors and soften some edges. It only applies to my landscapes... for still life I use different stuff and different methods too.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE the water!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Sue!