Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Orchard At Round Barn by Mary Beth Brath


Orchard At Round Barn
8x10" Acrylic on Masonite
Created Plein Air during the Gettysburg Festival

This was painted during the first day of the 2010 Gettysburg Fringe Festival Paint Out. The orchard is on the property of the Historic Round Barn in Biglerville PA. I plan to paint often in this area of Pennsylvania. My GPS took me on a small dirt road through the vineyards in the area and it was like being in a different world.

Daily Painter of Pennsylvania Mary Beth Brath

8 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

I absolutely love this painting--the dramatic perspective, the spontaneous,loose,flowing brushwork, the greens and blues--everything cohesive and working together.

L. O'Neal said...

Mary Beth, I like the painterly quality of this piece and your various greens. I'll paint in that area with you - it is stunning scenery!

Dianne Lorden said...

It draws you in wonderfully. I find the softness quite appealing - just beautiful.

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Mary Beth..Wonderful festival! Learned a lot! I like the soft feeling of this painting.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Thanks everyone. It was a joy to create. I was in the shade since the temperature was around 90.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Mary Beth - one of your best paintings. It is loose and spontaneous, elegant in its simplicity, and totally captured the 'sense of place'. Gorgoeous!

Bertie Brown said...

A beautiful yet quiet painting...

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

I like the way the paint leads the viewer down the rows... Very nice!