Monday, March 22, 2010

PEACH TREES ON THE HILL
by Claire Beadon Carnell


'Peach Trees on the Hill'
Oil 11 x 14

I was looking through my photographs trying to
get some inspiration, and when my
pictures of peach trees came up, I found exactly
what I wanted to work on.
I am happy because this is the closest I have gotten
to recreating the airy, light quality of the blossoms.
This is still in progress - I already see some
tweaks that I would like to make, but overall I am pleased
with my work today.

If you would like to see more of my work, please
visit my website or my blog. Thank you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Claire! This is so pretty and sunny and springy. I want to take a walk there and feel the breeze and watch the petals dance.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Wonderful greens and shadows.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Claire-- This painting brings to mind my favorite book as a child, The Little House--a book I read to my chidren and grandchildren-with beautiful illustrations of blue skies, puffy clouds and blossoming fruit trees--Such a warm, carefree spirit your painting evokes.

Debra Kreiger said...

This is really pretty Claire. I love the softness of the trees. Nice job.

Bertie Brown said...

Stikingly beautiful, Claire.......

Rodrica Tilley said...

Eye-catching and airy. Nice, nice drawing and textures. Love the 'color that grabs you'!