Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Backyard-Early March Morning 16x20 Oil by Brett Mason



PA Daily artist blog Number one...I'm working on a new computer and yet to get all my pictures and info from "the old computer". In the meantime, feel free to check out my website for images on what I "currently" "do", (besides use a lot of quotations),artisticly speaking that is. Lately it's been all about waking up and doing a quick plein air painting before the new puppy, Beans, wreaks havoc on our house or our three year old,Beckett, ropes me into a game of Mario Bros on the Wii . I'm catching some views around our new house. I milked every angle and perspective from our old house of six years,which resulted in about 30 perspectives. It's kind of nice knowing I don't have to go too far from our back porch to get a new painting. With that said, I think the puppy just ate a tube of Cadmium yellow. Gotta go. Happy Painting.

www.brettmasonpaintings.com

8 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Love your painting and your sense of humor--will check out your webbsite.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Gave a quick check of your site--love the loose brushwork--great palette and spontaneity.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Welcome to Daily Painters of Pennsylvania Brett. Your first post looks great and I look forward to seeing more.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Welcome! Can't wait to see more of your loose brushwork and colors.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Welcome to the DPP, Brett. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work. Hope you got that cadmium yellow away from the puppy!

Autumn Leaves said...

There is an oddly comforting feeling to this lovely painting, Brett. I really like it and the memories it brings to mind. I can also relate to the puppy syndrome. We have a 5 month old female Bloodhound who never seems to stop.

Dianne Lorden said...

There's a freedom of expression here that's both inviting and inspiring. Your carefree attitude (which surely requires a thoughtful approach, all the same) is to be admired!

Bertie Brown said...

So good to see all that color on a winter landscape, Brett!