Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Mare and Foal" Colored Pencil by Charlotte Yealey


8x10
Colored Pencil

Due to a spring cold and procrastination, I finally finished one of several paintings I had been working on. I photographed horses near the Hanover Shoe Farms last year and I love this mare and her foal. I liked that she was a different color than her foal and I liked the way the trees looked in the photo in the background. The background took longer to do than the horses.
www.charlotteswebart.com
www.charlotte-yealey.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Look at that gangly colt! I too am intrigued by the genetics of a white mommy and a brown foal. Guess we know what color daddy was, eh? A beautiful piece, Charlotte. Such a bucolic feeling for me. I can almost taste that fresh, spring air!

Mary Beth Brath said...

So soft and lovely Charlotte.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Your hard work in the background was well worth the effort, because the softness of the blues and greens set off the mare and her foal beautifully. This is terrific!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Charlotte. I love your colored pencil work.You did a great job with the background.