Friday, September 9, 2016

"OSPREY OF THE OBX" An Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum


Two years ago we were on vacation in the Outer Banks (OBX).  My daughter and I were on the boardwalk along the Sound looking for a spot to Plein Air paint.  As we turned a corner we saw this awesome Osprey perched on a dead tree.  I was only able to get 2 quick shots of it with my camera before it took off.  It had a fish in it talons on the leg behind the broken branch.  You could only see the tip of the head in my photo so I did not include it.  Had it been holding the fish in the talons showing I would have included it.  I have been wanting to paint this for quite some time and finally was able to do so.  This painting is 10 1/2"  x 15" on U-Art sanded paper.   It is double matted in an aged wood frame with UV glass.  It is available for sale. 

                               To see more of my work, please visit my website:
                                                www.clareklaumfineart.com

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This looks GREAT! The feathers are so amazing.