Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Long's Point Beach on Martha's Vineyard Original Art Plein Air Paintings by Mary Beth Brath

Long's Point study #1
8x10" acrylic

Long's Point study #2
5x7" acrylic

These quick plein air studies were done back to back on the second day of my plein air trip to Martha's Vineyard this past September. The first day of the trip was spent exploring the Island. On day 2, we went to Long's Point.

These paintings have a different feel than the other paintings I created that week. I was de-stressing from a crazy year and settling into the mood of the Island. I worked out a palette of colors that made the rest of the week go extremely well. Now that winter is here, I plan to work on studio paintings from my journey and will use the same color choices used while working plein air.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks for sharing these...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, MB!!!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Sue!