Friday, May 10, 2013

Forest's Secret Beauty - Acrylic palette knife painting of waterfall by Pennsylvania Contemporary Artist Pat Koscienski

"Forest's Secret Beauty"
10" x 8"
Acrylic on canvas

This acrylic painting was done using a palette knife. I wanted to try to paint a little looser, thinking the palette knife would help me keep it more painterly. However, I now know I can get just as tight  using a palette knife as I can using a brush.  Applying  paint with the palette knife, does, however, help me get more paint on the canvas. I regret not using a thickening medium, since my acrylic paint can tend to get too fluid at times,  since I lay it out on moist paper towels. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact PAT. If you would like to see more of my works, representational or abstract, please visit my website and blogspot at:



3 comments:

Tatiana said...

Pat, this IS the beauty! So great to see Your beautiful work again. Please do more!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I like the texture that you got with the palette knife!
A Great look, Pat!

Unknown said...

You have such dexterity with your knife paintings! I don't know how you do it; but keep it up!