Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lenten Rose by Julie Riker

8x8 oil

I have been busy lately working on a large architectural project so there has not been too much time for studio painting and blogging, but happily I found some time today to pick these lovely Heliobores from my garden, bring them in from the rain, and do a small painting of them.  Heliobores, also called Lenten Rose, are one of my favorite early spring flowers.

If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

5 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Such a beautiful painting, Julie.Wonderful color unity and harmony.

Taryn Day said...

Love the composition- the placement of the flowers is perfect.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I just saw some of these at SKH, and you have really painted this delicat flower beautifully, Julie.

L. O'Neal said...

I have these growing in my yard as well. They make a nice subject and you've done a great job with them.

Christine Marx said...

This is a truly beautiful composition Julie. What a delicate, gorgeous painting.