Sunday, January 23, 2011

View of the Mississippi by Jennifer VonStein

View of the Mississippi
11 x 14 - oil on paper - plein air
www.jennifervonstein.com

Hello all!!! I have been off the radar for a few months, but for a wonderful reason. In late October 2010, my husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to foster (and hopefully adopt) a wonderful 10 month old boy! I was on maternity leave for 2 months, and have just started back to work and painting again. When I was in college, I concentrated on figurative work, and now that I have new (moving) inspiration, don't be surprised if some images of small boys start showing up, possibly in crayon. :-) Of course, I have already started some paintings for his nursery - the theme is "animal sports."

This is one of the last paintings I did before I went to India in October 2010. Late fall, on my way to an afternoon workshop in Wisconsin, I pulled off the road to capture some of the beautiful autumn morning light. I liked how it reminded me of the Susquehanna, and the curve near Chiques Rock, one of my fave places to paint.





5 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

I love it when I am in the blog site doing some maintenance and I refresh the screen and see a new post! Lovely post Jennifer.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful work, Jennifer - and congratulations on the addition to your family :)

mmontes said...

Very nice Jennifer, and I love the Susquehanna too!

Jennifer VonStein said...

Thank you!!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations, Jennifer! And this is one gorgeous and dreamy painting!