Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sea Studies Percussion 2 - abstract painting of ocean waves -by Pennsylvania watercolor artist Linda Young



13-7/8" x 18-7/8"
Abstract watercolor painting by Linda Young
Sea Studies Percussion 2

Freedom; beginning with splashes of color, layering, waiting and being patient, studying, lifting and finally putting in the details of what I see in my abstract paintings. I hope by these selective final strokes to help you visualize the subject I have painted in this abstract study. How long will the motivation be there to continue painting the sea? Who knows; but for now I present to you the third of my abstract paintings.

8 comments:

L. O'Neal said...

This is a captivating piece - I'm very drawn into it. Great job with the abstract, yet still identifiable.

Bertie Brown said...

Woo-hoo, another "The Majesty of the Sea" painting! Bravo!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lyn and Bertie...wonderful, descriptive adjectives for this one.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Absolutely beautiful painting, Linda. It shows the compelling motion of the sea.

Unknown said...

Thank you Claire.

Autumn Leaves said...

This is so beautiful! I love the tempest of the seas!

Pat Koscienski said...

I hope the motivation continues, Linda. These are beautiful pieces.

Unknown said...

Thank you Pat and Autumn