Tuesday, June 29, 2010

OBX Overtures Impressionistic Watercolor OBX Seascape at Sunset by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Bertie Brown

OBX Overtures

original watercolor seascape at sunset: 11"w x 7"h

A Mid-Summer Romance

Time to relax

Look forward, think back...

Jasmine and Honeysuckle

Scents of seduction

Flirty Fireflies wink

Quick bursts of combustion

Warm summer nights

A cashmere caress

Sun-draped daylight

Cotton gauze, dazzling white

Ahh, summer’s sun-dance

My summer romance....

BB’10

info at:email

7 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Oh, this is such a wonderful image of one of my favorite places on this earth! I am going down there for a few days this summer, and hope to find myself along the beach watching a sunset as glorious as this.

L. O'Neal said...

This is a glorious sunset - the sky is watercolor at it's best. A real beauty!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful sunset, Bertie!

Mary Beth Brath said...

So relaxing. The composition is so inviting. Your poem goes perfectly with the scene.

Cecelia Lyden said...

I'm wishing I was on the shore right now-lovely painting.

Thom Glace said...

Simply beautiful! I love your loose style- it is so opposite of mine- but elegant in its simplicity.Bold washes and just the right amount of color.

Debra Kreiger said...

Just beautiful! I could look at this all day!