Monday, March 8, 2010

Rhythm & Blues Series ( Flower, Vase, Fabric) by Bertie Brown

Rhythm & Blues

original: 12"w x 15 1/2"h

Rhapsody

“Rhapsody in Blue”

Was our music today

Sophie and I thrilled

To the opening way

That the clarinet soared

Through that octave and more...

We set up a still life

With lots of great blues

We have so much fabric

It’s hard just to choose

Then added spring blooms

In a vase of blue, too..

And hummed to the tunes

While painting till noon

Sophie, my rhapsody

In tap dancin’ shoes

Gerschwin and Orchestra

Playin’ his blues!

BB

question/comments, view more work, click:

web:www.watercolorsbybertiebrown.com

blog: http://watercolorsbybertiebrown.blogspot.com

email



5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

So beautiful, Bertie! I didn't read the whole poem, but I caught the Gershwin reference. I was thinking that this painting hearkens back to an earlier time and the reference to Gershwin made me realize I was right! I am beginning to recognize your style and know if it is your painting just by seeing the thumbnails. It is distinctive and lovely!

Jack said...

Loved it Bertie

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Bertie, this just put the biggest smile in my heart! What a lovely painting.

Thom Glace said...

Love the lonely flower!!

Tatiana said...

Love the vase! (and lonely flower too!!)