Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paint and Pixels Exhibition

My identical twin brother Don and I just opened an exhibition at The University Museum at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. We are both alumni of the IUP art department. The show features his graphic design and my paintings. Above is shown my wall mural of 80 panel paintings titled, Homage to Indiana County, Pennsylvania. I spent the last 11 months working on this project. The IUP museum is in the process of acquiring it for their permanent collection which will be displayed in the Preforming Arts Center. An 80-page book of the paintings is available at www.blurb.com. The exhibition will be on display until May 1st. http://www.iup.edu/page.aspx?id=82250

8 comments:

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Cangratualtions on the exhibit, Ron. It must be fun to share a show with your twin brother. Two points of view... Can't wait to see the images alittle bigger.

Cecelia Lyden said...

I went to blurb.com--leafed through the 15 pages--absolutely love your buildings--the colors, the shadows and the shapes they create--one of my very favorite artist as a child and still, is Ed Hopper--some of your paintings remind me of some of his work.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Kudos to both you and your twin brother! What an incredible display of work. Thanks for sharing - I am off to Blurb to look at the book.

Autumn Leaves said...

A beautiful presentation, Ron! What a fabulous career you have had!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Stunning. I would love to see this in person. So happy to hear that it will be staying as a whole at IUP. Congratulations Ron and Don!

Pat Koscienski said...

Congratulations to both you and your twin brother, Ron. What an undertaking; what an honor! I'm off to Blurb, also.

Ron Donoughe said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! What a kind and supportive group!! I have to warn you that the blurb preview is not the best. It is a print-on-demand service that allows you create your own book, and then order it one at a time! Well worth checking out.

Rodrica Tilley said...

I'd like to see your show, but 4+ hours one way! Maybe. Congratulations. Love seeing your paintings here.