Tuesday, September 19, 2017

SUNNY JEWELS IN JEWEL TEA An Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum


This Summer Several of our Plein Air Painters (Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters) had a paint out at the Sunflower Fields on Woods Drive.  They were planted by Sophia from Sophia's on Walden and Sophia on Market restaurants.  You could pick them, take photos, paint and just enjoy the view. 
I did a Plein Air painting but also decided to do a still life with them.  I used my Mother in-laws antique Jewel Tea Pitcher and creamer as they went well with the Sunflowers.  I took photos and worked from them as it took a few weeks to complete this painting.  The image is 12" x 16" and it is a Pastel done on U-Art sanded paper.  It is double matted with acid free mats and framed in a dark brown wood frame with UV glass and spacers. The framed size is 19" x 23 1/2". It will be in CALC's (Carlisle Arts Learning Center) sales gallery and is available for purchase.

                                 To see more of my work please visit my website
                                                  www.clareklaumfineart.com


No comments: