Saturday, April 9, 2016

DAY'S END ON THE BEACH, THREE ON A PARK BENCH, ICE CREAM BREAK By Cecelia Lyden

11x14
0il

14x11
Oil

18x24
Acrylic

I've hibernated this winter season and worked on a series of paintings of friends, from photos I took--doing what friends do-sharing everyday moments-nothing monumental-just enjoyable, comforting events. I painted the three Korean girls several years ago. The three teenagers are ending their day at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware, and the three older ladies are sharing a news article or a bit of gossip on a park bench in Savannah, Georgia. I have one more to do; but for now I would like to paint outdoors, if the snow would stop and the winds would calm down.

WWW.CECELIALYDEN.COM
.



3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOOKS GREAT!

Sunny said...

Love these, Cecelia! Figures are so lifelike. Great job!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Thank you both-always happy to hear from fellow artists.