Saturday, January 24, 2015

Life Is A Flower. Digital Collage. Shelby Pizzarro

Life Is A Flower - Digital Collage
Has anyone ever called you a Dreamer and do you wear the badge with honour? Are you proud that others recognise the dreamer quality in you?

I, too, have been "accused". I suppose I will always have the soul of a romantic and a dreamer. And that pleases me.

As a member of the Lunagirl Moonbeam Design Team. Our latest challenge is to explore the world of "Honeybees". And what a wonderful challenge for this time of year! As I sit looking out of my window at the snow that fell overnight,  I long for warm Spring sunshine and earthy scented breezes.

It's been quite a while since I worked digitally, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to take a dip back into the digital pool. And I was so glad I did. I forgot how much I do enjoy it!

I started gathering my collage ephemera with a quote from Victor Hugo. I believe Life is like a flower...each petal, each day, opening to something new...sometimes joyous...sometimes not...but nonetheless an adventure. And isn't love...in all her aspects...the sweetness, the honey, in your life?

Hugo's quote made me think of the beautiful Waterhouse painting "The Soul of the Rose" and the poem of inspiration by Alfred Lord Tennyson.  In my collection is the Lunagirl  Pre-Raphaelite Art CD. And there she was...encouraged by my Muse...I was ready to begin.

I incorporated into the design the Waterhouse woman, Lunagirl flowers from the Busy Bees Collage sheet and art, guaranteeing the honey to be pure, from the Honeybee Tag Set. I finished the piece with other scraps I have in a collection of my own digital ephemera, including a romantic morning Moon.

So, fellow Dreamers...what brings sweetness to your life? And who...or what...is the honeybee?

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This is something new for YOU!
How special!!!!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

I've completed a lot of digital work in the past...for myself and for licensing. Just kind of got out of the swing of it.

It was fun doing it again :-) Like revisiting an old friend.

Thanks for your comment :-)