Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Florida by Julie Riker

8x10

I have been away for the last month doing a large decorative painting commission in Florida.

Contrary to what many of you may think, it was not a vacation, but a lot of long hard working days.
I had taken my plein air equipment with the idea I would go out several times a week painting, but after most work days I only had the energy to jump in my client's pool. I did find time to do a few plein airs as a break from painting walls.  This was one that I painted from the homeowner's dock looking across the canal at a neighbor's fishing boat.

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

The painting is lovely!
Wow...what a nice painting job.
You are so talented, Julie.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sue! I am lucky to have really great clients.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Sounds like Florida was a successful adventure all around. I love the colors and fresh feel of this painting.

Julie Riker said...

It was a good experience. Thanks Mary Beth!