Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Seaside Shed by Julie Riker

8x10 oil
Thanks to Cecelia for arranging a lovely day for us to paint at her daughter's home near Annapolis! It's a lovely property - on a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water.  
I painted this outbuilding and made it my intention to keep the shadows high key as the whole scene was blown out by sunlight.  The only deep shadow is the interior of the shed seen through the one broken window pane.
If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

4 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Very interesting post Julie. I have been studying your values. This was like a mini lesson for me.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Mary Beth! I find that value control is difficult to master and something I need to work hard at.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Julie... I LOVE the look and the colors!

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sue!