Monday, June 23, 2014

Under The Bridge by Julie Riker

16x20

This was painted as part of Camp Hill Plein Air 2013.  With several days of rain during the event, I found a nice dry place to paint where the train crossed under the highway bridge.  This is the largest piece I have painted on location and I did it in under 4 hours.  The overcast light filtering in from the sides of the bridge did not really change so I could do it in one sitting.  The subject matter is different for me and much more "urban" than one would think of in Camp Hill, but I had fun with it.
This painting will be part of the Daily Painter's July exhibit at the PA State Capitol, East Rotunda.

If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What a nice post!
A cool scene, and painting.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sue!

Unknown said...

I really like this Julie. Something different for you.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Linda!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Really like the different perspectives and your use of values to denote the changes in shapes and spaces.