Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Pas de trois", Oil Pastel, Tatiana Myers.


Pas de trois is French term meaning "steps of three", 
usually referring to a dance in ballet
between three people. Somehow I figured out that I really love to paint
floral trios and almost any of my composition what includes flowers,
will end up with three of those. This one is no different.
This is my first and only so far Oil pastel painting on U-art.
I had several samples of different grit of U-art
sent me by manufacturer few years ago. At that time not all samples
worked for me well and I had issues with more coarse grit. But no more.
This painting on U-art 280, the most "heavy" grit on a market.
I used some watercolor underpainting and Caran D'Ache pastels.
Good practice before my 3-day workshop I should be doing
next month for Mechanicsburg Art Center and Galleries.
To see more about me painting this work, please visit my personal blog:

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A Stunning Work, Tatiana!!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Sue!

Sharon Benner said...

Strong floral with beautiful colors

Mary Beth Brath said...

Hope your workshop goes great Tatiana!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Sharon!
Thank You, Mary Beth! Hopefully everything will work out. Now when I do not have to be taking care of Jim's parents I'm more flexible for this sort of things... Will see how it goes.