Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rockville Bridge After The Snow by Julie Riker

9x12 oil

Last Tuesday's storm left a heavy snow clinging to everything, creating a winter wonderland of lacy branches.  I set up at Fort Hunter to paint this plein air scene.  I made it a goal to not use any pure white in this painting.
This is one of 3 new pieces that I have just delivered to Art & Soul gallery, above the West Shore Farmer's Market.

If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com


6 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Really nice, Julie.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sue and Cecelia!

Sharon Benner said...

Lovely painting, seems very quiet

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sharon!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Julie. I like how you embrace the elements!

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Deb! I don't know if I would go out IN the storm, but the post storm, when the sun comes out and casts shadows on the snow, really excites and inspires me.