Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rockville Bridge After The Snow by Julie Riker

9x12 oil

Last Tuesday's storm left a heavy snow clinging to everything, creating a winter wonderland of lacy branches.  I set up at Fort Hunter to paint this plein air scene.  I made it a goal to not use any pure white in this painting.
This is one of 3 new pieces that I have just delivered to Art & Soul gallery, above the West Shore Farmer's Market.

If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com


7 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

Gorgeous!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Really nice, Julie.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sue and Cecelia!

Sharon K Benner said...

Lovely painting, seems very quiet

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Sharon!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Julie. I like how you embrace the elements!

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Deb! I don't know if I would go out IN the storm, but the post storm, when the sun comes out and casts shadows on the snow, really excites and inspires me.