Monday, January 27, 2014

Walt Whitman (completed) by Amy Lindenberger



Sometimes I lose track of what I've posted, where...

I just realized that I never posted the completed version of this drawing (French Gray colored pencil on Canson Mi-Teintes paper), and I don't like leaving things unfinished!

In keeping with my Civil War themed artwork, I wanted to include a montage featuring Walt Whitman, best known as an American poet, but who was also a Civil War Nurse. The primary image is one of my favorites of him (I think he has such an interesting face!); the lower left image is based on one of the last photos taken of him, shortly before his death, and the other images represent his time spent working in and around the military hospitals near Washington, D.C.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I still love this ONE of Walt Whitman!
Thanks for showing the final WORK.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Oh my goodness I love seeing your posts on the DPP blog. This is awesome Amy.