Saturday, January 25, 2014

Original Floral Painting - Irises #1 by Daily Painter of Pennsylvania Mary Beth Brath

Irises #1 by Mary Beth Brath
20x28" Acrylic on Masonite

Perhaps you saw on facebook that I am obsessing over Irises right now.  I am like Forrest Gump deciding to go for a run.

The title is simple so I can just number them and keep going. The first one is reminiscent of Vincent Van Gogh's Irises. I just finished painting a rain barrel with this motif and it was still running through my veins.  I decided to paint one for myself. It hangs in my dining room with my 1910 furniture and art pottery by Weller and McCoy.

Much of my work has post-impressionistic influences and I have been wanting to do one of these for years.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Mary Beth and your post made me think of the iris photos I took this summer of the blooms on the iris plant my dear friend gave me. I need to do a painting from the photos to give my friend in appreciation for the wonderful color in my back yard.

Deborah Nell said...

Love this one. So reminiscent of Van Gogh. He's my favorite artist. WOnderful painting.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I really like the bright colors!
Van Gogh does flowers best!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Sue - I agree. He gave flowers personality. It has been over 20 years since I saw his work in person. I really need to get out more!