Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Sunset in Town by Jane Albin



"January Sunset in Town"
8"x8" Original watercolor

It was too cold to paint outside today so I sat by the window.  It was blinding with the sun streaming in but nice to have a sunset after so many overcast days recently.  I checked weather.com and got 5:08pm as sunset, so I got to my window at 4:00pm and started blocking in the painting as fast as I could.
The sun was not cooperating, instead of going straight down, it took a diagonal path and I had to blot its last location in with white gouache.  I kept seeing spots from gazing into the light and than I could barely tell what colors I was mixing on my palette.  In spite of the difficulties, I will have to do this exercise again soon. 

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I LIKE the greens in this....cool!