Tuesday, November 19, 2013

HONEST ABE BY SUE MARRAZZO

Today is the 150th Anniversary of the reading of the Gettysburg Address by President Abraham Lincoln. This inspired me to create a collage including a found image of him. I used it to make this one-of-a-kind collage note card; which can also be framed as a work of art. I used found papers, found objects, handmade art papers, acrylic medium, and acrylic paint. Please, take a look...

Title: Honest Abe
Medium: Collage
Size: 5"x7"
Substrate: Mixed Media Note Card
Artist: Sue Marrazzo, ISAP, NCS




5 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

I was born on February 12. We used to get presidents' birthdays off from school. As a child, I always appreciated Lincoln for that. As I grew, I learned to appreciate him for more worthy reasons. Nice tribute Sue.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Great Post Sue!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks Cecelia and MB ( :

Pat Koscienski said...

Sue, I love your collages. This one has beautiful design and composition.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Hi PAT...
Thanks : )