Friday, August 23, 2013

Lake Mohawk Pastel by Dianne Lorden

Hi folks - I've been working in my home studio, as well as "plein airing" in our area. This is one I prepared for a planned Intro to Soft Pastels class I'll be instruction, upcoming with ACAC. It was done exclusively with mark making; zero blending on the paper. Also, used my new Terry Ludwig plein air set to do it, and it's so funny -- when I first opened that set, I thought: my gosh, where's all the color! (My Sennelier plein air set would knock your socks off, it's so vibrant.) I think I was disappointed, but once I began working with these new pastels, I was impressed with how much more natural they are and how easy it was to select exactly the hue and tone I was looking for. They are pleasantly muted and very, very nice.

My fine art website is: South Mountain Sketchbook. My (in the works) CafePress shop is www.cafepress.com/diannelordenfineart

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Dianne- your strokes made large negative areas beautiful and interesting.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Yes - your work is a feast for the eyes from top to bottom. Love your style Dianne.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Dianne:
Love the blues, the pastels really make this so dreamy!