Thursday, June 13, 2013

Barn at Farm by the Ford - Dianne Lorden

I have been doing a seriously bad job of photographing my plein air paintings from this week's Gettysburg Festival Paint Out. I've been totally forgetting to take pictures before framing them! Yikes. But here is one that I did photograph - a view of the historic barn at the Farm by the Ford. This is the amazing property of Gabor and Liz Borrit, who were so gracious as to allow the paint-out crew to spend Sunday on their property. I started a watercolor there, as well, but have not finished it. This barn was, naturally, a Civil War field hospital.
My fine art website is South Mountain Sketchbook

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What a nice post!
I am glad you posted this one...It's lovely!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Hope you had a great festival this year Dianne. This location must have been fun to paint. Love the brickwork and roof.