Monday, April 15, 2013

"Abby", pastel by Tatiana Myers.

"Abby", 12 x 9" on Canson Mi-Teintes paper.

Well, didn't do anything of this sort for the long time... But my dear friend Christina
asked me to pint her a picture of her "baby". I decided it will be a good reason
to try out my new pencils and my Canson paper  what I was hording in my art attic.
This is very popular paper for pastels ac charcoal, but I normally ignore it,
because of my love to play with all sorts of underpainting.
However for Abby it was a good choice - simple, yet - delicate.
I'm pleased with result and it was nice to take a brake of Oils.
Most impotently - my friend is very pleased with this portrait too.


3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What a nice dog portrait,
and a dear gift for your friend!

Unknown said...

Great portrait of a cute pup!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, ladies! I think I can get use to Canson... it is so much more delicate... yet economical compare to my sanded papers that eating those pastel sticks right before my eyes. Canson only takes a bit of it, but has limitations on amount of layers. Have to work with it more to figure out what is its strong side.