Friday, March 29, 2013

SUNNY HOUSE


SUNNY HOUSE
9" x 12"
oil on canvas board

This house in Chestnut Hill seems almost to contain sunshine.  It's cheery countenance is for me a smile.  That may be because it is very similar to a house I lived in when I was growing up in the country.  My mother looked for years for a house with windows down to the floor and finally found one in Worcester, Pennsylvania.  It looked a lot like this but was in the middle of several acres that were for me a little paradise, a refuge from the sturm und drang of adolescence.

3 comments:

Amy Lindenberger said...

Very pretty, Nancy -- I love the lighting and like the simple shapes of clean color.It makes me happy, just looking at it!

Debra Kreiger said...

How beautiful Nancy.So warm and cozy.

Sharon K Benner said...

wonderful and warm