Thursday, January 24, 2013

PROWLING THE CANAL By Cecelia Lyden


acrylic/canvasboard
11x14
 
Our plein air group went back to the Savannas Area Park to paint this week. There were loads of birds feeding there this time. Two huge cranes crept up behind me as I was painting. I had forgotten my camera, but I was too frightened to take their picture, anyway. Luckily, they had no interest in me. I had no food to offer them, so they high-stepped it away from me, much to my relief. There were scores of egrets prowling the area for food as well. The one in the painting had separated himself from his friends and paraded around across the canal from me.This park has so many lovely areas to paint. We will be returning next week  

7 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

The sky is AWESOME!!!!!

Cecelia Lyden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecelia Lyden said...

Thanks, Sue--If you could have seen the way I was slashing in color--it was so windy and the paint was drying so fast--I left a lot of my pinkish under paint in-got frustrated trying to recreate the actual sky color-but I like it, anyway.

Julie Riker said...

what lovely pink flowers! and I like how the pink is reflected in the sky.

Cecelia Lyden said...

They're not flowers--they're grasses and they're too pink, because I was rushing to get paint down on the canvas before it dried on my brush-very, very windy-left too much of my pink undercoat showing.

Julie Riker said...

No one needs to know that..I enjoy the pink color and I want to believe they are flowers :)

Cecelia Lyden said...

OK Julie-I take it back.