Saturday, July 28, 2012

STROLLING ON THE BOARDWALK By Cecelia Lyden


acrylic/stretched canvas
2'x3'

Michael's beach and boardwalk paintings prompted me to repost one of the many paintings I did when we had a house in Milford, Del, which is 20 minutes or so from this boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach. Since I've been spending much of my time on smallish oil plein air paintings, I have neglected my interest in figures-- ordinary people engaged in everyday activities. This painting was done from a photo I took. I included my son walkng toward me on the left.

3 comments:

blah said...

Looks great! Really nice work! I think my viewing point is nearly the same spot. Just the opposite direction. You're looking south.. Mine's looking north!:)

Cecelia Lyden said...

Thank you, Michael--you're right--the spot is where the road meets the boardwalk.

Mary Beth Brath said...

I love this painting Cecelia. Your people scenes are a treat.