Monday, August 8, 2011

"Round Bales at Dusk" study #3. Pastel by Tatiana Myers.

"Round Bales at Dusk" 
Study #3. Pastel on Wallis, Oil underpainting. 

This was my last rendering of the... yes, yes - same good old bales. This time with different approach.  
I used mounted Wallis papers and did light underpainting (stain) in Oils with mineral spirit as solvent. 
Then I went with pastels starting from darker and harder sticks and finished it with buttery-soft and light ones. 
This is a after-workshop version and I like it significantly better compare to pastel I did before workshop.
 I have a strong feeling that I learned a lot there and also it has something to do with new level of confidence... But we will see. Mean wile I'm simply looking forward to paint more.

With questions about paintings e-mail me at TanyaOfOz@aol.com .
To see more of my works visit my web site:
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.com/
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.blogspot.com/ 



1 comment:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Full of energy. Nice work!