Thursday, August 18, 2011

"The Forgotten Way" by Michael LeKites


A labor of love or a thorn in my side. I'm not sure which. Yes, for those who may remember my effort with "The Great Adventure" I have finally 99% finished it. I say 99% because I always let them set awhile. A few weeks, a few months, until I'm sure.
This is from imagination. I like creating from scratch sometimes. Something I will need to become more efficient at as I progress towards other bolder works I have planned.
New title. New canvas. Acrylic instead of oils. Aprox. 16x20.

5 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Stunning, Michael! I love the strong diagonal that almost makes the viewer feel off-balance, as life often does!

Autumn Leaves said...

What a gorgeous landscape, imagined or otherwise! Beautiful colors, Michael!

Ron Donoughe said...

Yes very interesting way to push the viewer off center. I like it.

Julie Riker said...

The diagonal makes me feel as if I am flying over the landscape. Really nice Michael.

Deborah Nell said...

Love your perspective on this. Feels like I'm flying over the terrain.