Monday, February 14, 2011

Dancing In The Glory by Deborah Nell


Dancing In The Glory 14"x20", mixed media

This painting includes acrylic ink, acrylic paint, pastels, watercolor crayons and guesso. The only thing I knew when I started this painting were the colors I wanted to include. I had lots of fun making layers of color and keeping sections I liked and painting over sections that weren't working. It is so hard for me to do something 100% abstract. I wound up seeing a woman dancing in this painting. Once I saw her, I had to give her some definition. You may or may not see her.

To see more of my paintings visit http://www.deborah-nell.artistwebsites.com/

9 comments:

Bertie Brown said...

so brave and creative..I definitely see the joyous dancing girl!

Kathy Michels said...

Oh the dancing lady definitely pops right out.
This is beautiful. I love all the colors, movement and energy in this piece.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do love this one! Maybe my favorite piece of abstracted art!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Your joy and creativity shine through in this painting.

Amy Lindenberger said...

This is so much fun to study, Deborah. I can just feel the joy! Very bold, very courageous work.

Deborah Nell said...

Thank you all for your comments. I so appreciate them. I learned how to paint in layers like this when I took an experimental watermedia class from Linda Benton McCloskey. What a wonderful teacher she is.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Glorious, Deborah!

Unknown said...

The music is swirling around her and she is moving. Love your colorful feelings expressed with your paint.

Jennifer VonStein said...

Love this! Lots of energy and joy.