Friday, January 7, 2011

'Study of an Eastern Dollar Sunfish'

Transparent Watercolor on Crescent Mat Board
Image Size: 9" x 4.5". Matted Size: 14" x 11".

Oh Sunny Day!

Another species of Sunfish to add to my series of
local Freshwater Species. This one is small, but pretty.
The difference between the Eastern & Western Dollar Sunfish is:
The Western Sunfish has white markings, while
the Eastern version has blue markings. I am glad I am an Easterner.

Note: Non-Professional Photograph.

THOM GLACE WATERCOLORS

2 comments:

Debra Kreiger said...

Never knew there was a dollar fish. I wonder if he gives good fortune! I agree with you Thom I like the blue markings. Nicely done!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

The blue markings definitely set off the wonderful golden tones of this little guy!