Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Oil~Debi Watson

X Marks The Spot!
New Oil Study, 11 x 14" in my small town America series
When I'm out photographing for my future paintings, I love the back alleys, behind the houses. My New Year's resolution is to paint 100 oil studies this year. I have a show this fall in Stewartstown, PA, so I've been taking new photos in York County.
You can see some of the photos on my flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/debiwatson or see more paintings on my web site: www.debiwatson.com

4 comments:

Bertie Brown said...

Debi, I like how you solved the problem of the focal point by toning down the left side and outlining the the shed in white and using the x on the door...a very successful painting!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my, Debi...This is stunning!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice painting Deb..Love your color choices.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Great painting, Debi! I like how my eye gets pulled right into the picture because of your skillful composition.