Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Golden Country" by Debra Tritt Kreiger

"Golden Country" 13.5" x 10" Watercolor on 140lb paper
Private Collection

This is a painting I did for my husband. He loves buffalo and we are planning to explore the west. A friend of mine gave me reference photos he took while visiting Yellowstone.
Happy New Year!

To contact me about the purchase of prints or see more of my work go to www.debkreiger.com or follow my blog at debkreiger.blogspot.com or you can shop in my new store, Deb's Gifts

3 comments:

Thom Glace said...

I recently painted a buffalo in similar background for my sister- who lives in Buffalo NY. It is great to see another painting of this subject- as I loved doing it so much. I did my study during a class Through Mechanicsburg Art Center held at the Oakes Museum of Natural History at Messiah College. Love the way you did the grasses in the forground. And the Yellowstone mist rising in the background. Beautiful!

Mary Beth Brath said...

The Oakes Museum is a great place. Our boy scout den went there. Deb - love your grasses and you have caught the essence of the buffalo!

Debra Kreiger said...

Thanks Thom and Mary Beth. We did visit the Oakes Museum also. Good reference material there.