Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dream Big - Pheasant Field Willow by Daily Painter of Pennsylvania Mary Beth Brath


The Willow at the Pheasant Field Inn Bed & Breakfast by Mary Beth Brath
16x12" Acrylic on Canvas


I have only taken 1 painting class. It was a plein air class at the Mechanicsburg Arts Center. Our class visited this B&B a few times during the 6 week session. The Willows were mesmerizing. I took several photos for later use. This painting was started inside the Arts Center during class on a very rainy day. By the end of that days' session, the instructor told me it resembled a palm tree and she was right. I was not very happy, but determined to figure out how to paint a willow. This was re-worked in my home studio over the next month and is now one of my favorites.

We all have challenges to overcome. Don't let the challenges become excuses. When your passion is strong, you will find a way to overcome everything that stands in the way of your dream. The dream needs to be bigger than the challenge. Set goals and go for it. Take some time over the next week to plan out your next year, DREAM BIG and work hard!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Marybeth - It's beautiful! I'm so glad that our willow tree could be an inspiration for your art! Please feel free to come back for more plein air painting in the spring!
Dee & Chuck, Innkeepers
Pheasant Field B&B

Bertie Brown said...

I really like the distant trees, too, MaryBeth..

Mary Beth Brath said...

Thanks Bertie!

Dee - glad to connect with you online! It was a lovely surprise to see your comment. I signed up to follow your blog also.

Debra Kreiger said...

It's beautiful! These are majestic playful trees! I love the tree and the softness of the background.