Wednesday, July 28, 2010

David Bottini, for Gabriel ... daily progress working through a few paintings.



Having a good week in the studio - largest piece on my easels is proving a pleasant challenge - building the layers and depth as the brilliant summer light dissolves the background and enhances the contrast of the middle and foreground shadows. Water is always a fun challenge - suggesting the flow, flicker, and translucency without loosing the gesture and brushwork.

Also made progress on a small canvas - the lush full summer saturation and glorious morning sun animating the layers of forest.

I will post again in a few days - hopefully one or two of my four in-process will be resolved : )

7 comments:

blah said...

You inspire me! Just wonderful!

Cecelia Lyden said...

I love the way the dappled light leads your eye and spirit to the brightest light.

Bertie Brown said...

your greens are so great..in so many different hues ..I love the reflections of the tree branches in the water in the second painting...and though my eye wants to travel right out of the painting in the upper work, the whitest white draws me right back in...very tricky!

Bottini - Classic Realist Landscape said...

Thanks for taking the time to look - I appreciate all your comments. I will keep posting the progress of what is percolating in my studio.

Tatiana said...

I can guess one on the top is the same one you had posted on FB as underpainting?... Big changes! looks great!

Thom Glace said...

Love the way you paint light! It brings life to your work not normally found in a landscape!

Unknown said...

I love the feeling I get in this painting...of calm and peacefulness. Lovely play with light.