Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Codori Farm, Gettysburg by Lyn O'Neal

Codori Farm, Gettysburg
oil on board
11 x 14 inches


Last week was the Gettysburg Festival and the Plein Air Paint Out. My favorite event of the year. This painting is of the Codori Farm which is located on the historic battlefields. There is no way to adequately describe the quite serenity and overwhelming peace that I feel while painting on the vast open fields of Gettysburg. It is breezy and scenic in every direction. The historical significance is weighty. The tranquility of this scene is what I hoped to capture in this painting. Though my mind knows the "roughness" of events that occurred on this very field, my spirit saw rest and quite.

11 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

You definitly captured the serenity you experienced in the painting of this beautiful scene.

Bertie Brown said...

A Gettysburg Farm
With a big red barn
Meadows of green and gold
And lots of painterly charm!

L. O'Neal said...

Thanks gals. Bertie, I'm honored to have your words grace my scene.

Pat Koscienski said...

I agree with Cecelia. You have really communicated to us the serenity that you felt when painting this. An intensely calm feel to this piece.

blah said...

This is a great work of art!

Autumn Leaves said...

Lyn, this is just beautiful. I find myself thinking of morning coffee...wishes, dreams, and hopes...

Mary Beth Brath said...

Your work is so soothing. This piece spoke to people from across the exhibit area on Sunday. True beauty Lyn.

L. O'Neal said...

Thank you everyone. Your words are very kind.

Dianne Lorden said...

Great job, Lynn!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Lynn. You captured that golden glow of the fields perfectly!

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting of this historical farm. Lyn, you really captured the peacefulness of this scene.