Saturday, March 27, 2010

INRI
by Claire Beadon Carnell


'INRI'
Oil 8 x 8
Entry for 'Palm Sunday to Ressurection' Exhibit
Art & Soul Gallery


This is a piece that I currently have in the 'Palm Sunday to
Ressurection' exhibit at the Art & Soul Gallery in
Lemoyne, PA.

When I read about the plans for this
exhibit, a picture immediately formed in my mind.
I envisioned the crown of thorns on the canvas so that it
created the letter 'C' for Christ, and I arranged the
crucifixion nails for 'INRI' in a cross-shaped format.
This is a very different subject matter for me, and I
really enjoyed working on it.

If you would like to see more of my work, please visit
my website or my blog. Thank you.

6 comments:

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

You really put alot of thought into this composition. It is nice to step into new subject matter and see where it goes. Nice piece.

Jill Foster said...

I love this, Claire.

Dianne Lorden said...

Woah! It's awesome.

Unknown said...

Claire,the composition of this piece is inspiring. Good luck at the exhibit.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Claire - this painting is so fantastic. I went to the reception on Saturday. The black frame and composition make it so contemporary. It would look stunning in any one's home and give such a powerful message.

Bertie Brown said...

A very potent message here, Claire..well thought out composition.