Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fabric of Our Lives Series (Eggplants, Pumpkins, Peppers) by Bertie Brown

Fabric of Our Lives

original: 21 1/2"w x 17 1/2"h

Sophie Says

Hey there Sophie

What can we say

Of this painting

That is waiting

For a clever

word endeavor

Tying everything together to the letter

We’ve got eggplants

Pumpkins, peppers

Doin’ dances

Stealin’ glances

Some romantic

Silly antics

All in view of stodgy bottles with those long necks.

Did we mention

That cute donkey

A slow stepper

To the pepper

And those patterns

Folds and colors

Help unite the veggies all to one another...

BB'10

Purchase info/questions, click: email

view more work, click: website _ blog


6 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

The donkey, "the slow stepper to the pepper"--how original, how clever, how entertaining, how beautifully painted!

Autumn Leaves said...

Forget the veggies; look at those gorgeous fabrics!! Bertie, as always, a beautiful painting!

Debra Kreiger said...

Great painting Bertie! Love those eggplants!

Dianne Lorden said...

I've made a habit of collecting vintage table cloths; I had quite a few of my mom's, and I like putting them out so much, that I started buying more of them. This painting makes me feel at home (and the egg plants are splendid, too!).

Mary Beth Brath said...

Love it as usual Bertie. This gives me a fresh and positive feeling. Thank you.

Bertie Brown said...

I enjoyed painting those eggplants...but I really had a revelation while composing the poem...esp. "a slow stepper to the pepper"!