Monday, March 29, 2010

"Dew" - 3" x 5" ACEO miniature

I haven't had a chance to work on miniatures since the new year, but am hoping to add it back in to my regular activities soon. This one is from last autumn, and it's part of my South Mountain Sketchbook fantasy series. (This illustration shows how the mountain pixies enjoy using morning dew as a mirror.) It's done in color pencil and Staedtler Pigment Liner on Strathmore Decorative Art paper. I've since switched to Bristol for minis, but did enjoy the softer quality of this surface.
For more ACEO, and other examples of my work, visit:
www.southmountainsketchbook.webs.com

5 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is enchanting!

Autumn Leaves said...

Quite a beautiful little piece! I love the colors and the whimsy. Claire said it, "Enchanting!"

Cecelia Lyden said...

A little jewel!

Bertie Brown said...

So whimsical...that's what I need to learn as I sometime want to illustrate my own book series about Sophie and me.........

Debra Kreiger said...

What a beautiful touch!